You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turbo blew!

Jack you're quickly on your way to becoming a master guru! Great job on finding the turbo and dealing with the studs.
Hope you're heading to Cedar Key soon, it's a neat place.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Great job Jack! Inquiring mind here.....looking at the picture of the manifold, what was your trick for getting those broken studs out?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks Forrest, the moral support pretty important but the knowledge of the people here is invaluable.

Steve we went all over town after we purchased the studs and the nuts and I was looking for a mini map gas oxygen type torch which I have at home sitting on a shelf next to the oxy acetylene that I have, after only being able to buy a map gas torch I was a little disappointed but I heated the manifold around the stud after the stud removal tool was over the broken stud then quickly after removing the heat I sprayed the stud with penetrating oil which actually probably shrunk it somewhat in comparison to the amount of metal that was around the manifold and hot which gave me enough room to break them loose. In my life the last one is always the worst but believe it or not it was the easiest.

It's all done heading out in the morning for tupelo! God I'm glad I found this group!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Good for you! Glad you got it figured out and done. I learned something new with heating the surrounding area and cooling the offending part with spray lubricant. Smart.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Cool....pun intended:-) thanks for the tip!  Like you, its always the last one that does me in, glad you on your way!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

This whole thread is just impressive on every level. Nice work!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Good work , good result . 
Best wishes for a great trip from now on . 
Roll on , 
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Thank you everyone but haven't done the sea trial yet!

Gravette, Arkansas

Sea trial done, 250 mi today camping at tupelo Mississippi, plans to be at Ozark Alabama tomorrow night, you could never tell that anything had happened.

No change in performance, no extra power nothing different. I own a few turbo cars and it's customary after running them to let them cool for a few minutes before turning off the engine this is our first coach and we've only had it 3 months no telling what life it had prior but she's getting in shape.

Gravette, Arkansas

Glad to hear the good news !!!!!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )