You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turbo blew!

Great news Jack. I would have said to try not to pop wheelies in that thing! On our 5800 mile shakedown cruise in a 30 year old Newell, we had our own issues. Leaking pan gasket, loose engine driven steering pump (Oil everywhere), loss of inverter, loss of fridge and all food, loss of generator, flat steer tire due to puncture and finally Jeep battery being dead. It was fun. Made us realize that life is really an adventure. We got through it all and working on the deficiencies. I am sure there will be another list of deficiencies on the next run. It is what it is. If anything, I could definitely count on that old 2 stroke to not leave me on the side of the road. You just gotta enjoy it and not look at it as a monetary figure.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Wow Simon I'm starting to feel a lot better after reading your post, we just want to enjoy some of our work for a bit, I still have a list but most of it is going to make this coach a super coach. Steering has to get fixed for sure!

The turbo experience cost us $2k but it could have been twice that if we didn't do it ourselves I would imagine.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

2k was my front tire bill. You did good aside from the delays and unknown anxieties. When you figure out the steering, let me know. Mine has too much play that is deemed normal. I doubt it was like that when new. Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your trip! "Ain't these things just so much fun"?!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon, Richard has offered to guide me. I'll keep you in the loop!

312 miles today! 279 from cedar key

Gravette, Arkansas

Jack HoupeSimon, Richard has offered to guide me. I'll keep you in the loop!

312 miles? Amateur! LOL, Just kidding! I tend do do a minimum of 600 a day. I do it while I still can Wink . My night driving modes are over. Used to do all my travel in the thick of the night. Animal threats and crappy headlights all but stopped night driving.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(01-07-2023, 04:00 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Jack HoupeSimon, Richard has offered to guide me. I'll keep you in the loop!

312 miles? Amateur! LOL, Just kidding! I tend do do a minimum of 600 a day. I do it while I still can Wink . My night driving modes are over. Used to do all my travel in the thick of the night. Animal threats and crappy headlights all but stopped night driving.

Yes sir I am I guess its all my neck can handle the stress of driving it really causes pain. I don't drive at night maybe early in the morning but not in the evening. I'm old dude!

Gravette, Arkansas