You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shop Compressor

I use a 10hp 2 stage on a 80 gal tank. My hangar is piped with 1.5 inch Schedule 40 PVC through out (80'x80') with at least 2 outlets on every wall. 2  Air reels in the ceiling with 1/2" hose. 1.5" line going directly to my 2 bead blasters (coarse and fine media). All of my air lines combine to provide another storage area that is equal to 40 gal?

At the air inlet fitting going to the coach I made a unit that is a final air dryer. Has a male fitting on both ends with a air regulator, pressure gauge and desiccant capsule (used in paint shops)  I regulate the air going into the Coach to 110psi and keep my 120V compressor shut off.

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special

The Milwaukee tools are heavy but much more convenient when it comes time to put stuff away. I mainly got them for emergency road use but have since found them more useful over dragging a hose to where my coach is parked. The big lug nut wrench is just insane on the power it has. The smaller 1/2" drive gun was able to remove rusty 5/8" bolts for the chassis trailer hitch. I was impressed by that as I could not break the bolts free with a breaker bar. The key is using a bully charged battery. Yes, air tools are a little more compact and lighter in weight. For that reason I would stick with them if you can get air close to your work space.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I have a 6.5 hp 2 stage with an 80 gal tank that puts out 175 psi. My air grinder sucks air fairly rapidly, but the only time I wish I had a larger unit is once a year when I blow my sprinklers out. I regulate the air to my Newell to 135 psi.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

(01-14-2023, 11:01 AM)BusNit Wrote:  The Milwaukee tools are heavy but much more convenient when it comes time to put stuff away. 

Love my Milwaukee impact!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

(01-14-2023, 08:15 AM)BusNit Wrote:  I dumped the air tools in favor of Milwaukee impact guns. This is my big'n. I have several other sizes and use the 1/2" most on this coach.
That may be the best option

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling