You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Push button on bode door

James Price, coach 647, 2003
Door push button will not activate relay to open or close. Manually activate relay door open and closes. Anyone ever experienced a problem like this or have idea.
Thank you for any help,
James

(01-14-2023, 09:04 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  James Price, coach 647, 2003
Door push button will not activate relay to open or close. Manually activate relay door open and closes. Anyone ever experienced a problem like this or have idea.
Thank you for any help,
James

I can just hear Richard now, can you please provide more information. Big Grin Big Grin 
  • will the button inside the coach operate the door? if it does then the relay is fine and it is the wiring from the outside door button.
  • if you listen closely you can hear the click when the button is pushed.
  • if you hear the click but the door wont open then it is an Air problem

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special

No click from inside or outside buttons.

Having same issue but the door opens when button is pushed but won’t close when it is pushed. It works both opening and closing from inside. Took door apart and see where the wires attach to the button. When wiggle the left side it closes. Wonder if the button itself is wore out?

Mark & Lisa Smith (aka Smitty & Lucy) 
York, SC 
Coach #1216 2008

I replaced both relays,now door works fine. Purchased on ebay.
Coach 647, 2003
James Price

What are the relay part numbers?

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

James,
Where are the relays located? I need to lay my eyes on them before I'm forced to find them under pressure.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Not sure about the "relay", but I CAN tell you about the micro-switches which are mounted on the main drive assembly. There are 3, and they DO FAIL! I used contact cleaner a couple times, but ultimately replaced all three. When they act up, the door will do all sorts of odd behavior(s)...including not working at all.

They weren't cheap (like $30++ as I recall), and I got one from BODE themselves, and found that Newell was actually the best source for the other two.

2 are alike with simply the switch, the 3rd is mounted to a special plastic mounting bracket.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA