You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v air compressor

I bought a new gast 2 cylinder 2.0cfm compressor from Grainger last year for around $1000. I will remove it and find a quiet compressor since mine makes such a racket. Perhaps I bought a dud? Either way I have been looking at the California Air tools model MP100LF as it may put out a bit more air and be half as loud. Bottom line you do not have to go with the same compressor you currently have. Jack installed a Jun-Air compressor and that thing is ultra silent. I had to put my hand on it to prove it was running.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I have one of those harbor freight ultra quiet compressor and it has done well, it’s mounted in the engine bay of my Wanderlodge. I use it to air up the bus before leaving. It has run and run without issue, thought I killed it one time by leaving it on and it must have just kicked out the thermal overload. Still running fine. If my gast dies on mine I will definitely put one of those HF ones on instead.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Thanks guys, it looks like a trip to harbor freight will solve this one issue refabricating my 83.
Great advice.