You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1989 Newell on Auction

(02-02-2023, 03:50 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I agree what Brad said!

You start adding up all the cost to bring a coach up operating condition you can put over twice what that sold for and also thats if you do the work. IMHO. If you are young and full of energy then Yep thats a good deal.

I had a similar experience once about two years ago.  Was looking at a coach and upon inspection the folks doing the inspection said "do you mind sharing roughly what you're paying for this".   I told them about 90k.  They were two hours into the inspection and said if I brought it to them do do all the work to bring it up to snuff I would probably exceed my purchase price.  Now, did they mean that literally?  I'm not sure he really did, but figuratively he was trying to tell me something and I listened.  It was hard to walk away as I really had my heart set on buying and I drove literally across the country to check it out.  And the coach was drivable, it wasn't like it was sitting on an auction lot.  

It's similar to when see some of the project coaches out there that people are trying to sell.  To me some of them should come with a check, not require a check as the cost of repairs will potentially far exceed the value if you got it for free.  I hope this particular coach is not in that camp is it really is nice looking.  There is something about these tandem axle Classics that are just pretty awesome.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Amen! From the voice of experience looks can be deceiving, never trust a good video and a guy who says its ready to roll. We have put a great deal of money into our coach and we are doing the work, I cringe thinking of the bill to have it done.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas