You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Relays over fuel tank?

I was putting in some diesel fuel additive and noticed these two relays over the fuel tank on the right side. I do not know what these are for. Also there is a stack of cut wiring. Haven't checked for voltage on those. Interesting. Any insights?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

If you don't have one already, I would highly recommend a wire tracer. I have an inexpensive one that I've owned for years. Originally bought it to trace network cables, but have used it for my cars and my motorhome. Actually works through drywall and underground. https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Tracke...B00P0QKRG6

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I do have several tracers. I was curious about the relays. The wiring will need to be gone through on the cut stack. Actually I had seen those during the remodel. They originate from the cove area and go down the side of the interior door trim in the screen compartment. Not sure if Newell had them as spares but being cut so close like that I am thinking there was some accessories that were removed.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Those look like the two relays my '92 uses to activate the alarm on the entry door although on mine they are located in the bay just ahead of the entry door. When it stops raining, I will take a look to see if I have an unused bundle of wires near the alarm relays. They do look like they would be very difficult to tie into unless they are pushed back into the wall to keep them out of the way.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The red one is a flasher or pulse unit and the other is relay single pole. If you attach 12v to one or the other output terminals you probably hear a horn.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

This would all make sense if it is for the "house" alarm. I never tested the system to see if it even worked.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(02-08-2023, 07:21 AM)BusNit Wrote:  This would all make sense if it is for the "house" alarm. I never tested the system to see if it even worked.

With all the modern stuff we have now for security on the shelf that old system is obsolete but the reason I knew what that was is my door step quit working and I started tracing all the wires out from the momentary switches and one of the switches fed that exact same set up  which was disconnected at the relay, soon as I plugged in the wire a horn went off, not the air horn but a sort of tinny sounding horn.  Big Grin

We installed a ring door bell, I hard wired it to the 12v control panel in set step area. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas