You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cabinet Trim

Hello Gurus!

Anyone know of a supplier for the 1” trim that goes around the cabinets (pic below)? I am wanting to “de-Vegas” the coach and replace the gold with a matte black or wood grain pattern. 

Is this something I will have to get from Newell or do y’all know of any alternative suppliers?

Thanks and have a great day!

Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

I think these people will have what you need:

http://media.outwaterads.com/web/outwate...df#page=13

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

They also have a matte stainless. I used that in the debrassification project.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I’ve see a post where someone just popped off the gold trim and it was black behind…
On my coach they used a wrap and laid over the gold.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I used the matte stainless edge banding from Amazon, with a very thin VHB tape. As I recall they had quite a few options available.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

That wrap turned out great! looks nice. Kenda Brewster was the one that removed the gold to find there was a black finish behind it. My coach needed a massive effort on the debrassification. Some (Tiny bit) brass looks ok if it's not the shiny kind and matched to whites and marble tones.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I’m getting inspired with all this debrassification talk. I do good in my mind until I get to the shower surround and then I think “aww, forget it”.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

The shower was the most daunting task I have taken. Disassembling the entire thing to send parts to powder coat is one thing, but putting it back together proved my patience. The aluminum curved parts did get slightly warped from the heat process which made it hard to get the curved metal back onto the curved glass. It's doable but wow, what a job! I figured if something went wrong, I would start over with the shower pan and all. I had nothing to lose.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312