You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kwikkee Step Arm/Gearbox/Motor HELP!

Rick something is not right, there's a lot of play in the four 1/4"x20 bolts, try and loosen them slightly when fully extended and see if that takes some pressure off the drive gear.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack ,
It's not the assembly mounting bolts all those are tight. It's the three long case mounting bolts that hold the motor to the gearbox itself.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

I have the same gearbox so Wanderman did you use your old motor with the new gearbox?

I just noticed that y step light (the little amber puck underneath the steps) turns on when retracted and off when extended..

Huh?

Any ideas???

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

(08-05-2023, 07:23 PM)Wanderman Wrote:  I just noticed that y step light (the little amber puck underneath the steps) turns on when retracted and off when extended..

Huh?

Any ideas???

I just replaced my motor, gear box, and controller. The light is turned on and off by the controller when the step moves. There is a purple wire on the controller you can wire in to your porch light or other switch that will also control the step light. Somewhere or somehow your purple wire might be hooked in to a ground or power.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile