You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Resealing windows

(09-02-2023, 12:04 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I'd estimate 35-40 lbs each.

Perfect, so just a two person job.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

(02-16-2023, 09:33 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Four down and five to go!  My crew at work.

Hey Jack,

What did you use to be able to get on the screws at the bottom of window as it's super tight.  I bought a little right angle ratchet, but it's way tighter than I thought.  Also what did you use for solvent to get off whatever Newell used orginally to clean up any residual adhesive?

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Good to speak with you this morning hopefully some of my information will be helpful, we've been on the road now for a week in Northern California visiting family my sister turns 82.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(04-07-2024, 11:57 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Good to speak with you this morning hopefully some of my information will be helpful, we've been on the road now for a week in Northern California visiting family my sister turns 82.

I chickened out upon taking a harder look at those three screws on the bottom.  Since I don't have any water leaks, just some wind noise I wanted to improve on I went for cleaning the existing exterior joint up and putting in a fresh bead of Sikaflex.  Let it cure overnight and we'll see how much improvement I got tomorrow.  I was between 80-90dB under most driving so I'm also curios to see if that meter will show a measureable difference or if I'll just have to rely on my ears.  Have to think it will help a bunch as tape did help as Richard suggested as a first step.  Passenger side was always pretty good, it was just the drivers that was bad.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Cool let us know!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas