You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield roller shade

Does anyone have a recommendation for a powered windshield roller shade? Our 312 used to have curtains which we removed.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

MCD in McKinney, TX. They have full width shades and daytime screens. I have a split shade, one for each side. I use MagnaShade screen on the outside of my windshield to keep more heat on the outside.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

MCD is on my wish list as well. I have worked on their products on a friends coach . Factory support was outstanding.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks Rudy! I do want to get the Magnashade. I remember you showing it to me but of course, I forgot the name of it!

I did see MCD online but it seems they prefer to install their products so I shied away thinking it might be complex.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(02-27-2023, 12:18 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Thanks Rudy! I do want to get the Magnashade. I remember you showing it to me but of course, I forgot the name of it!

I did see MCD online but it seems they prefer to install their products so I shied away thinking it might be complex.

I don't think there is anything complex about it, my best guess is has more to do with people measuring wrong, etc.  Get that front window done and then you're gonna want MCD all the way around.  They are addictive  Smile.

They are also nice as you can use them as a sun visor of sorts as well.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

I have powered shades for the rest of the coach. Love them! (Not MCD) Not sure how to deal with front side windows. They have the factory black sheer with sun visors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I know it was an option in the mid 2000s to go to a single shade across the front. Have you asked Newell if they have any? Then you could use existing power and rods for it and remove the 2 in the middle. My coach has that and I love it!

Nice looking shades Simon! Down the road I'm sure we will change out these old ones we have, think I will stick with manual shades for the rest of the coach but electric in the front.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(02-27-2023, 03:28 PM)BusNit Wrote:  I have powered shades for the rest of the coach. Love them! (Not MCD) Not sure how to deal with front side windows. They have the factory black sheer with sun visors.

Just looks stellar!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

(02-27-2023, 03:28 PM)BusNit Wrote:  I have powered shades for the rest of the coach. Love them! (Not MCD) Not sure how to deal with front side windows. They have the factory black sheer with sun visors.

Simon, I have the powered side screens with the solid bottom section which is used as a sun visor.  They were working until my wife tried to manually roll them up.  Now they no longer work and Newell Parts says they are custom order and I should contact service. ???????  You would think parts would order custom order parts.  Looks like MCD has something that will work, without the solid section at the bottom for the visor.  I am not ready to rip out the curtains yet and replace all the roller screens and add the solid shades.

I can get one of the rollers to go stop to stop but once you put a load on it the motor spins and no roll up or down action.  

Any Gurus have any suggestion before I contact MCD for replacement?

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused