You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New mini split solar powered

https://www.hotspotenergy.com/solar-air-conditioner/

I thought I would post this. The Foretravel forum just posted this new DC mini split that runs directly off solar panels. 

I thought I would let the experts comment on the possibility or if this may be a good option for someone. 
Looks promising.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

I was looking at a similar unit however the issue is where to hide the indoor unit.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

All inverter mini splits are DC voltage, AC is converted to DC and the compressor and fans are all DC voltage. I think this system is nice because you can use it without inverter charger but really in our case you would want AC and DC battery back up. Remember some places like Florida it gets hot at night. If you know where to tie into the DC on the control board you can make this type system with any inverter compressor.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I have the 220v / Solar version from them. It works off pure solar, and I have modified one of the bays to fit it in, though I need to put in two 12" induction fans to get enough airflow running. It works, once I have my solar project completed, then I'll have 220 available and it will work even better. The up side with the version I have, is once I finish the wiring, it will also work off shore power.

Sometimes I think I should have gotten the pure 48v DC version. but time will tell.

- Marcus G-R

8V92TA 43.5' 1991 Newell # 258 
Toad 2009 CTS or 2010 Subaru Forester XT on a BigTex open trailer.