You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tank Quantity Sensor - Black and Fresh - Coach 1482

Black Tank Quantity has been intermittent ever since owning the coach.  First the data (Phone) connection was corroded so I soldered a new connection on.  Then it remained intermittent, being correct part of the time so I decided to replace it.  The sending unit is a Kavlico P4050-3G which is probably the same as P4055-3G.  I couldn't find any available in the market so ordered one from Newell.  It arrived as an assembly which included the sending unit, wire harness, Silverleaf data circuit board and PVC adapter 1" NPT to 1/4" NPT.  Replaced it and quantity is accurate now.

The PVC adapter is 1 1/8" and the sending unit is 15/16"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Nice description Jim and good to know what's needed and available from Newell.

I've had my coach for about 16 months and the black tank sensor always reads high (double) of the actual tank level except when empty.  I re-calibrated several times via the Silverleaf panel and that didn't help.  I'll soon be replacing as you did.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

(03-24-2023, 09:38 AM)RobSC Wrote:  Nice description Jim and good to know what's needed and available from Newell.

I've had my coach for about 16 months and the black tank sensor always reads high (double) of the actual tank level except when empty.  I re-calibrated several times via the Silverleaf panel and that didn't help.  I'll soon be replacing as you did.
Here's the Silverleaf Troubleshooting Guide in case you or anyone needs it. The sensor cost is 0.2 Newell Units delivered.

Attached Files
.pdf Tank Level Sensor Troubleshooting.pdf Size: 791.48 KB  Downloads: 14
.pdf sensata-p4055-pressure transducer-datasheet.pdf Size: 396.16 KB  Downloads: 11

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

That's interesting as I have the old camper style tank level sensors on the side of the tank. Does the one you have work on pressure sensitivity? It would appear so. Really neat.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312