You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can someone explain what these 2 items are ?

This is located in the 3rd bay back mounted up on the top I beleive it has something to do with the hwh system. Can this cause my bus to sometimes lean to the left when airring up ??

Ang what do these do. ? I noticed there is a buddy plug on the rear of the bus, but why would they have 2 30 amp recepticals in this location. I have not been able to track down where the one plug goes to yet. Thanks

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

The first one is your level sensor, it tells the HWH system when the coach is level. Don't adjust it without understanding how it works. There is no air going through this. It is only an electrical sensor. Your leaning problem is probably somewhere else. Did you buy a solenoid rebuild kit from Tom?
Not sure why you have 2 30 amp buddy plugs, most Newells have 1 50 amp buddy plug. But no 2 Newells are alike. Maybe the original owner specified that? Or a previous owner changed it to work better for his situation?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Good to know about the HWH sensor. I noticed that in the bay the other day. 

As far as the electrical plugs, they are for the inverter. From what I understand, it allows you to bypass the inverter if there is an issue in the inverter and it’s not passing power. Mine are labeled inverter and shore I believe. 
I just happened to be reading a thread the other day when Richard explained the function of these plugs.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

That is correct about your understanding of the inverter bypass setup.  Newell engineers really was thinking with that set up.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I can confirm the twin 30a receptacles are inverter bypass.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

(08-21-2023, 06:49 AM)folivier Wrote:  The first one is your level sensor, it tells the HWH system when the coach is level. Don't adjust it without understanding how it works. There is no air going through this. It is only an electrical sensor. Your leaning problem is probably somewhere else. Did you buy a solenoid rebuild kit from Tom?
Not sure why you have 2 30 amp buddy plugs, most Newells have 1 50 amp buddy plug. But no 2 Newells are alike. Maybe the original owner specified that? Or a previous owner changed it to work better for his situation?

Yes sir I did buy the rebuild kits from Tom. Everything has been working pretty well except I have noticed the left side is not raising as fast as the right, so I get a lean for a bit then it settles itself out. We had replaced all leveling valves a few months age and had the exact same air pressure at the supply line. And also thank you for that info on the hwh system electrical leveling sensor,. I researched it and see it has nothing to do with air system only manual leveling.

As always thank you guys again for all the help. !!

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides

Left side is slower because the slides make that side of the coach heavier. Mine does the same.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(08-27-2023, 07:54 AM)Richard Wrote:  Left side is slower because the slides make that side of the coach heavier. Mine does the same.

Thank you  much appreciated

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides

and the rear goes up much slower than the front as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH