You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Electric shades are not operate correctly

We have a strange issue with our electric shades.

When we went to lower the shades tonight, the PS Mid Shade over the couch and the PS rear shade at the dinette do not operate correctly.  Both shades went down about half way and the right side of the shade stopped, while the left side of the shade continued to go down.  They stopped correctly and then would retract.

There are no obstructions in the tract of either shade.  All other shades work correctly

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Is there a way to "re-set"the shades.

Ken

Ken & Karen
2015 Newell (Coach #1517)

If your shades are made by The Right Track here are some files which may help.  Generally I disconnect all power and turn the batteries off which cures many problems.  Silverleaf can do some strange things.

Attached Files
.pdf SOMFY_lt28-b73.pdf Size: 195.17 KB  Downloads: 10

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Spoke to Ken.

He has the "cellular" model in question. These use a lift cord inside, and based on the video he sent me, my guess was that the cord was getting hung up, sticking, and then causing that side to actually wrap the other way; thus LIFTing the shade as the other side was still lowering.

I suggested for him to "coax" the shade down by helping pull from both sides as it lowered; along with a couple back and forths to help the cord get re-wrapped correctly.

That worked...The shades are back to normal.

Thanks

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Good to know!

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

As Steve mentioned, I tried a few round of using some "not so gentle persuasion" and eventually got it to work.  

If that did not work, system reboot was next.

Thanks for the replies to my post.  It was the oddest thing as all other shades worked perfectly

Ken

Ken & Karen
2015 Newell (Coach #1517)