You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Airbag Desperately NEEDED 876mb 73453 Contitech HELP

So I've heard such great things about Newell Coaches so I just bought coach 719 its an 05 w the detroit diesel 60 series.. Needs some TLC but was supposed to be 100% turnkey ready to roll.  It rolled for 167 miles before I blew out the front Passenger side airbag.. sounded like a shotgun..  Had it towed to a nearby courtesey lot and its currently up on blocks. Removed the airbag but cannot find one no matter where I look 3 days now been unable to locate a single airbag..    So a guy that goes on here alot asked me hey why don't you post on there that you need one some of these guys have spares and I can buy it and replace it with a new one... Contitech/Continental did say that they would be able to make new ones in about 10 days..  I need something to get me out of the parking lot and will replace it with new or pay to use your spare will my new ones come in and buy you a new one too.. WHATEVER is needed somewhat hate to admit that im desperate over here to figure out a solution.. ANY help is so very appreciated.. Thank YOU

Brian Pritchard
Newell Coach 719
Niles Ohio
Bus is in Florida
my cell 330-503-7246

Brian and Marcella Pritchard
Niles, Ohio 44446
2005 Newell Coach 719
515 hp detroit diesel 4000 6speed Allison 
2 car stacker trailer with a Cup Car Stock Car

Hello Brian,
Sorry for your troubles.  Give Chris Jones at precision Coach a call at 813-997-0696 as he may have a bag handy and is located in Zephyr Hills, FL.  He is a good contact for Newell service in the Central FL area....where are you located at the moment?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(05-19-2023, 06:37 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Hello Brian,
Sorry for your troubles.  Give Chris Jones at precision Coach a call at 813-997-0696 as he may have a bag handy and is located in Zephyr Hills, FL.  He is a good contact for Newell service in the Central FL area....where are you located at the moment?

Thanks for the response and yes Tried Chris.. no bags.. update for ya'll in case anyone ever runs into this again.  I ended up getting a bag from Tom Nehl.  1R12-1049.  We ended up having to drill a hole in the top plate because the air inlet was offset.  I had Joe Nemechek the Nascar legend made me a sleeve in his machine shop that went from the m18 1.5 pitch stud to the m12 1.75 pitch stud on the new temporary bag.  Ordered 2 new bags for the front which continental is having made and shipped to me within 10 days.  I am definately going to get all of the airbags replaced so that I don't run into this again.  I will most likely keep the airbags that come off of it for spares in case I ever have a blow out on one again or if anyone ever runs into the same issues that I had I will have them.  Thank you

Niles, Ohio 44446
2005 Newell Coach 719

(05-19-2023, 08:58 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  So I've heard such great things about Newell Coaches so I just bought coach 719 its an 05 w the detroit diesel 60 series.. Needs some TLC but was supposed to be 100% turnkey ready to roll.  It rolled for 167 miles before I blew out the front Passenger side airbag.. sounded like a shotgun..  Had it towed to a nearby courtesey lot and its currently up on blocks. Removed the airbag but cannot find one no matter where I look 3 days now been unable to locate a single airbag..    So a guy that goes on here alot asked me hey why don't you post on there that you need one some of these guys have spares and I can buy it and replace it with a new one... Contitech/Continental did say that they would be able to make new ones in about 10 days..  I need something to get me out of the parking lot and will replace it with new or pay to use your spare will my new ones come in and buy you a new one too.. WHATEVER is needed somewhat hate to admit that im desperate over here to figure out a solution.. ANY help is so very appreciated.. Thank YOU

Brian Pritchard
Newell Coach 719
Niles Ohio
Bus is in Florida
my cell 330-503-7246

I have two Continental 876MB airbags that were removed from my 701.  I don't know how old they are, but they are still intact, not damaged or anything. If you (or anyone else) still need 1 or 2 of these 866MB, I'd be happy to send them to you. You pay just the shipping cost (or email me a pre-paid shipping label).  I saved them just in case an emergency need arises. 

Approximately about year ago, I was also talking to the factory to find a dealer who has airbags in stock. People at Continental said to me no dealer in the USA has any stock, and it will take approximately 6 months for them to get to the dealer's hands. They referred me to a couple of European dealers. Some say they only sell within Europe and won't ship to the USA. One dealer in Austria has stock, but once I received the order, it wasn't a complete set. I later end up buying a third-party-made equivalent from Poland.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Joe Definately could use a spare airbag or 2 if you want to sell them but I won't take them for free I'd have to give you SOMETHING for them so let me know what I can send to you. My physical address is 419 Younstown Warren Rd. Niles, Ohio 44446 c/o Brian Pritchard to AtoZ Dependable Services. www.onlyatoz.com

Thanks a million

Niles, Ohio 44446
2005 Newell Coach 719