You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bed lifter needs help

Gang,

The electric thingy that lifts my bed to allow access to the storage place is not quite right. When I try to lift...the motor makes a kinda grindy noise and wont lift the bed. If I reach over and lift the mattress, it then will extend properly (albeit) with some grindy noises.

Is this part readily available? Should I get a couple of the door opener cartridges to "help" it?

Cheers,
bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

That grind-e sound is the gears eating each other. Is there a data plate on it? M/M or P/N? There is usually a bit of lithium grease in the gearbox. You might get parts...

Jimmy

I was considering making a folding head lift to make room when the slide is in. This is where I was looking at actuators for the project.
http://www.actuatorzone.com/
One needs to know the stroke & weight (force) needed.

Jimmy

Bill,

Mine is better after I worked on it, but still kind of marginal. Newell didn't use very large gauge wire and there was a lot of voltage drop throughout the circuit. The cool setup would be a relay located at the motor with heavy gauge wire to the relay. I did not find an easy way to route some good sized wire there so I just upgraded the wiring I could get to. One thing you might do is turn on the lights at the head of the bed when you try to raise the bed. If they dim greatly this is an indication that the circuit is not providing sufficient voltage to the actuator system. Mine does not grind, it is smooth, just slow and you think it may not raise, but then it seems to get going and all is well. If you could tap into the wires right at the motor and see the voltage when it is trying to raise that would be good information.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004