You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Xantrax 458/15

First off I want to thank Tom and Darlene for the hopitality shown my wife and me when we viewed their 1990 Newell. Tom, we have decide to go with a 30ft Lazy Daze.
Now my question: I want to add a Xantrax 458 and am having trouble understanding where it fits in electrically. I have a 4kw genny and ATS. I understand how they work and have repaired an ATS once or twice. I'm confused about the AC input to the 458 and if the 458 output feeds the bus for my existing circuit breakers. Also, If I understand the 458 correctly, it has an internal ATS that detects AC power or lack of and turns the inverter on and off accordingly. Can you help me out?

I assume my 200W of solar charge the battery directly through the solar charge controller.

Thanks,

Tim

hi tim,

glad you have made your mind up. we had fun meeting with you and spending time with you guys.

btw, if you look under parts, jimmy has a 458 for sale.

the transfer switch in the inverter is not to switch between genny and shore power, but between inverter 110v and whatever 100v power is powering your main house AC panel (genny or shore).

the inverter gets 12v from your battery bank, it also has incoming 110v power from the main panel (it is fed off a double pole breaker in the main panel) and then it feeds 110v power out of the transfer switch in the inverter to a subpanel that then has the breakers for what is going to be powered off of the inverter.

so, if the genny or shore power is on, the main panel gets power from the ATS (either shore or genny) and it feeds a double pole breaker in the main panel that then goes to the transfer switch in the inverter, out to the sub panel and then through the breakers to whatever is being powered.

if the inverter is on and there is no 110v coming from the main panel (genny or shore), then the transfer switch in the inverter now feeds the subpanel with the power from the inverter.

the inverter basically is a passthrough of shore or genny power if they are on.

if that is confusing, give me a call, you have my number.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH