You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I see reflections

Gang,

When I drive at night, I get a terrible reflection in the drivers side window. My headlights are so bright that the road reflects in the side window and makes it almost impossible to see whats in the mirror.

I tried to get one of those screen protector films made for an iPad. It did indeed cut the reflection, but also made it impossible to see the mirror at all. I need to find some way of killing reflections while remaining clear.

Have any of you guys had a similar problem? Any solution comes to mind?

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

One of the reasons I won't drive the coach at night. Feel like I'm in a house of mirrors.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hi Bill,
I'd try taping a piece of cardboard to the A pillar with it's edge toward your line -of-sight. It might block the light reflecting through the windshield from reaching the inside of the side window without blocking your vision.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

how about driving at night with the lights off and wearing night vision goggles?

a few years ago, a friend of my oldest son came up to our cabin for the weekend with us. he worked at litton systems in mesa that at the time made the night vision goggles for the military that were used for pilots to fly at night. so very very high end units. as an employee he was able to check out 3 pair of stereo goggles that were rejects to use for the weekend. we went quad riding at night when there was no moon and it was pitch dark. it was absolutely amazing. you could see like it was daylight (if daylight was green) and when you looked at the quad you could see the exhaust gasses flowing through it.

we rode for several hours in amazement and spotted lots of critters.

anyway, if you want to spend $100k on a pair of night vision goggles, you might consider it.

not sure what other vehicles or the police would think about it, but you would be able to see just fine.

no reflections from your headlights.....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We oversee the Med- helicopter industry who use night vision it requires special lighting in the cockpit. Oncoming headlights would blind you for sure.
When I fly at night I keep the cockpit and cabin lights to min to prevent glare. I try not to drive RV at night.. But baring that shields or a removable mat finish to the glass may be your answer.
There are numerous anti-glare films that can be applied also. Such as AutoSolarControl.
If its worse in the rain you might try this. http://www.aquapel.com/

Jimmy