You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor problem

Today I noticed the microphor toilet not keeping water in the bowl. Poured a little veggie oil but that didn't do anything. Later noticed the gasket on the flapper looked like it was unseated in its groove. I shut off the water and was able to push it back in place and also poured some vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes then scrubbed the surface with a toothbrush to remove the calcium build-up. I also put a little vaseline on the gasket surface.
Just glad we caught it before we flushed the gasket down into the tank!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I've changed that flap.....One night in hotel. Overnite shipping... 3hrs work....must remove toilet. Can be a little tricky aligning the exhaust tube below. Pretty clean job overall.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Matt did you change the whole flapper, plastic part? Or just the rubber gasket?
I just had to push the gasket back into it's groove. I'll keep a close eye on it and hope it doesn't pop out again. If it does I'll probably have to pull the toilet and change the flapper.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

i have taken both toilets out on my 02 and remounted them.

the half bath toilet was a down discharge and had a foot long piece of abs pipe glued to the bottom so you had to lift it up a long ways. also had to disconnect it in the lower bay.

the rear bath toilet was a rear discharge and was much easier to remove.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The whole flapper part. My was connected with a flexible hose about 8" long with hose clamps.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin