You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tile floors in bathroom
Wink 

Guys we have tiles that are 3x3 we want to use in our bathroom. Have any of you tiled in an RV before? Looking for tips. I see a site called Flex Tile that sells an adhesive and grout but wondering if similar things are available at Menards and such.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

hi todd,

we put 12" sq granite in the 90. with diamonds in each corner and a black strip edging around all side.

i had talked to ernie and he said to use this product as a crack suppression barrier. http://www.nacproducts.com/Sam3.htm

it is a waterproof barrier, a sound barrier and a crack suppression layer. you use a special contact like cement on the floor (after you precut the pieces) and then peel the backing off this stuff and lay it in place and roll it.

i used it on the entire floor of the coach, even under the carpet. i also used it in the generator bay and compressor bay.

then we used black silicone for grout (that i got color matching silicone from the tile supply place). newell said they use silicone for grout when i talked to them.

thats my story

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH