You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

walk around bed....kinda not really

many people ask if the bed can be walked around when the slide is in. my coach has one slide in the bedroom. here are the pictures of the slide in and out.

but....my coach is not typical. it was originally set up as an office lounge in the bedroom area and had a sectional couch on the slide and a full length desk on the opposite wall. i took the desktop and file cab out and the couch out and made a newell style bed.

you can walk around it by pushing hard against the mattress when the slide is in but it is easier to crawl over the bed.

the reason you cant walk around it when the slide is in is twofold.

the first is that i made the bed longer than normal (very close to cal king) because i am a big guy. the second is that the cabinets on the wall are longer and extend into the area that the walking area would be. in addition, there is a 42" tv in a cubby on the wall there. all of that makes it so there is very little room there.

every other newell i have seen with one slide in the bedroom you are able to walk around the bed.

no big deal to us since i made the bed longer and i love the extra cab space and really love the big tv and home theatre i put in there.

but for many, that is essential when you have the rear bath like we do. since there is a 1/2 bath (toilet and sink) in the middle of the coach, it is no issue while traveling.

plenty of room when the slide is out

ya do with what ya got....

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, the bedroom turned out very nice. Good job.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

thanks chester,

it is not done yet as work got in the way last year. so this fall i will finish the endtables and headboard. i have the matching laminate and trim pieces to the other cabinets in the room and will match it all. only thing i cant match exactly is the countertops so i will either do something complimentary or something as close as possible.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

A bath and half--I'd be in hog heaven. Or so would BrendaBig Grin

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge