You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

drivers airseat

ok steve and i played with the seat for quite awhile. on mine it ends up that there are two air solenoidd that each have adjustment knobs on the end of them. we looked for set screws and there were none. then i tried turning the round white plastic knob and it turned. we turned on clockwise quite a few turns and the counterclockwise to get it to apparently hold me now. hey....there has to be plenty of truck drivers that are bigger than me....

we will try it when we leave steve and suzy's but i think it is very close now.

we got to steve and suzy's after lunch. as usual they are being wonderful hosts.

we jumped right on working on things and did the airseat and redid the leather trim on the piece below the seat.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
Did adjusting on the seat fix it???

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

kinda. i did some more adjusting each day. now it is pretty good but when the supply air goes down to 109 or so, it settles down and when it gets above 110 it comes back up. when above 110 it holds me fine. i am thinking there must be a bad check valve. is that one where the airline enters the seat?

tom

does anyone know if there should be a pressure regulator for the airseat? richards 95 has one but i cant find one.

tom