You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide seal air pressure regulator setting

Found a second slide seal regulator. Not so fast cowboy---I got an email from a friend on the Gurus who told me to look in the slide access under the bed. This regulator is for the rear slide seal. It is set to 17 psi. My front is 22 psi. Which is right? Which is wrong? Too bad Newell doesn't provide owner documentation to answer some of these questions!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, the seals are different sizes (lengths) and may be the reason for different lb's

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Has any one adjusted their regualtor(s)? Mine are a plastic Norgren regulator that says to "pull down to adjust". I have tried pulling down to no avail. It is plastic---I don't want to break it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Figured it out. The adjusting handle had a torx screw what I thought was holding it on. Once I removed the screw, the handle pulled down & adjusted properly. Never encountered one like that. The one under the bed is the same. I guess the screw is to keep you from accidentally adjusting.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Called Newell. Their recommendation for air pressure in HWH slide seals is 20 to 22 psi.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

thanks steve

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Good to know .. THANKS

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard