You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot digital temperature gauge

I just ordered an Intellitronix gauge #M9113R which should look almost identical to the Cyberdyne gauge. It comes with the sending unit which I'll probably epoxy to the tank so it'll get a good reading. That's where the hi-limit thermostat gets its reading from.
Once it comes in and I get it working I'll post pictures.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I had same problem, Newell had extra gauge installed it for me for freeSmile some need 2 wires some need 3 wires

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

OK so I changed out the aqua hot temperature gauge today. I bought an Intellitronix gauge #M9113 from Summit Racing for $62.00 shipped. The sender only uses 1 wire, and the gauge uses the existing power and ground. I tied the purple wire with the red wire to dim it since it was too bright. Looking closer at the old sending unit I realized it was just screwed into the tank like Steve said. Anyway, not wanting to wait for the aqua hot to cool down and loosing coolant I just tucked the new sender behind the panel where the thermostats mount.
The old gauge still works (maybe), it just shows 0. If anyone needs it let me know.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Here are a a couple tips I got from Newell service if any one is changing out the AquaHot temperature gauge sensor.

You can't use sealer on the sensor threads as the sensor gets its ground through the threads.

Also prior to removing the old sensor: let the unit cool to room temperature. Take the radiator cap off to relieve any pressure. Put the radiator cap back on--this causes a suction. Now remove & quickly reinstall the new sensor. They said using this procedure will allow very little coolant to leak out and only a couple paper towels under will absorb it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

So I believe I found my temp sensor. It has only one wire attached to it. It MAY have had others in the past, but hard to tell. It's screwed into the tank above and to the right of the thermostat limit switches.

I also have a red and black wire just blunt cut very close to that in a wire loom.

Any idea how this all goes together. At the moment I have Diesel working great, but no indicator light nor temp gauge working. No power to gauge.

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

My gauge is powered by 12VDC taken nearby the gauge, not at the AH. So I have the single wire from the sensor to the intellitronix gauge above the microwave, and 12V pos and neg accessed above the microwave.

The light is more problematic. Not trying to be a knucklehead, but you have confirmed the light bulb is good? If so, Rudy may be able to help with the circuitry.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

OK,

Do you have this panel on your AH? What color wires are attached to indicator light? Are those wires attached to the indicator light on the panel above the microwave. 

The presence of the clipped wires is a puzzle. But I wouldn’t let them throw me off without checking continuity on what is hooked up, and comparing that to the AH schematics.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

The tank temp guage is unique to Newell. So, I am no help.

The jumper is not from Aqua Hot. The ON signal from the ON/OFF switch inside is the third and forth connections. The control unit, brain box on the burner supplies the power to the inside llight when the unit is turned on.

The jumper could be bypassing this function.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

The jumper in my picture is unique to my coach only. It is there to allow the indicator light to work with the Beckett controller I am using instead of the Webasto controller.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thanks for all the info. I am going to see if I can figure out where the cyberdyne gets it's power from. It appears to be connected at the gauge, but the wire is just part of a large loom that disappears down the rabbit hold. My guess is it gets it's power from the aquahot panel/area and only switches on when the aquahot gets powered on.

Has anyone noticed if their gauge is on all the time or just when the AH is running (electric or diesel)?

My sensor gauge is still connected so that's something!

Richard's picture is great, but I wonder if someone could get me one from a bit farther away so i can see the wiring around that area.

As soon as I finish my coffee, well maybe 2....I'll go down and start looking around.

Wish me luck!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan