You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot digital temperature gauge

My gauge is on all the time. I originally had a cyberdyne, when it failed, I replaced with the intellitronix.

Use your volt meter on the power leads to your existing gauge to see if they have power.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Already done... no juice at all. That's one of the reasons I believe it gets power from the AH panel.

Maybe someone with a working cyberdyne could chime in and let us know if it's on all the time or only when the Aquahot is on.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

On all the time

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
Thanks for the info, do you know if it gets power to its harness behind the panel from the AH bay? I could pull power from behind there, but still trying to figure out the blunt cut wires in the AH bay.

Come to think of it, I will likely add a panel switch to turn it on and off....

Any idea where to get a replacement light for the panel?

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick, the temp guage gets its power up top, not at the heater.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Hmmm Further investigation will be needed to discover the Why of the mysterious blunt cut wires!

What about the indicator light wired to the AH panel next to the switch terminals?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

I don’t understand the question about the indicator light. The Webasto box provides power to those posts in the picture in post 17. Are they hot when the AH is running?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

OK... New information.

The 2 blunt cut Red/Black wires in the AH bay are ground and 12V hot (ignition off) There is a sensor wire coming off the sensor screwed into the AH tank above and to the right of the thermostat space.

There is Power and ground to the Cyberdyne(?) gauge at the panel as well as a wire that changes colors twice at butt splice connectors (see photos) I am reasonably sure the Cyberdyne gauge is receiving power, but is dead. Is there a reset? Anyone know the Cyberdyne part number? I just bought a red cyberdyne gauge on ebay that looks identical, but who knows. at 22 USD it was cheap and i can use it for something else.

The indicator light terminals are hot at the AH fuse panel. The light itself has two black wires going into it, and I didn't test if it was receiving power. Likley it's just out. Anyone know what kind of light it is? I didn't see anyway to open it, but didn't look to closely. It may simply be a one piece unit.

I do have nice hot water.... if anything it's too hot at the taps...I DID get the Grohe shower valve assembly and now have good pressure and mixing ability in the shower.

A little bit at a time.....I really want to take a week or so in August, so trying to get the basics all working.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

OK A little bit more info.

The Cyberdyne gauge is toast. I opened up the gauge and most of the circuitry is melted and SMD based, so no fixing that easily.

I will check the indicator light power feed at the last 2 terminals in the AH bay. I have a feeling the panel mount indicator light is toast. I found replacements (I think) They are made by SOLICO and come in RED and AMBER I ordered 5 of each.

Some of my indicator lights have spade terminals some have wire pigtails are they all 14V or are some NEON 120v?? I am pretty sure the shorepower ones for 120v and 240v L1 and L2, Polarity, Generator up front are NOT 14V...

Also the one for the Generator switch by the bed is that one 14V?

I will get this all working!

Any info is much appreciated.

Don't want any of the magic smoke to escape!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

i have or am replacing all the neon or incandescent indicator lights with led.

i buy them at grainger.

both the long small skinny ones and the bigger ones like for the aquahto.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH