You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Continued noise from speaker in off position

I have one speaker (above passengers seat) that emits a soft sound (much like a quiet air conditioner) when the radio and TV power is off. No such sound coming from the balance of my other speakers. Any thoughts??

Patti?

Without knowing year of your coach my suggestion may not be applicable, but here goes anyway.

I had a similar situation in my '99 and the buzz was there even when the AC was off at the breaker panel in the coach. One day I tried removing the two small fuses in my transfer switch, and the buzz was no more. I have never replaced the fuses. I think the function may have been to send a signal to the bank of warning lights to activate the one that says you are plugged into post power. I was tired of the buzz and haven't driven off while plugged in yet :-)

When you have a moment it might be nice to put some information about your coach in your signature that will get attached to all your posts. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

That is one possibility. You might also look to see if the speaker wires are wrapped around or run parallel to any 120v lines. That can induce a 60hz hum

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks ... I appreciate your response!

Another great thought... Thanks once again!

Try shutting off your amplifier unit and see if the noise goes away.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531