You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

It rained in my basement

Turned on our water pump last night in our newly acquired d Newell and was rewarded with a shower in the basement plumbing area. See attached photo for the culprit (ok I don't know how to add an attachment. Anyway it is a fixture that a long canister filter screws into). The top of this filter assembly is cracked. It looks like a straightforward plumbing swap out. Can you guys tell me if that is so and can I get this at a Menards or do I need to get it online? What is this dude called anyway?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

What year coach?
My '93 has a clear canister filter that filters all of the water coming into the coach, I added a similar filter for drinking water.
You should be able to replace the canister filter, just make sure you use the right filter. If it's the whole house filter you want to use one similar otherwise it will clog up too soon.
When you start a new thread like this one at the bottom "new attachment" click on browse and choose the file (picture) on your computer. Then click "add attachment" to the right and it should add it to your post.

My wife and I enjoy scuba also,I especiallyl enjoy UW photography.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

My 94 has 2 of those "clear" plastic canisters in my water bay. The filters are available on line and should be replaced every year or two depending on usage.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Todd, if I understand what you have written correctly it is the part that the clear cannisters screw into/on to that is cracked. Is that correct? If so, as a temporary fix you could use some sort of 2 part epoxy to plug the crack, or you may be able to acquire a replacement unit at a Home Depot, or Lowe's. Of course, a picture would be great. Another way to add an attachment is to "click" on the "PREVIEW POST" button next and it should take you to a page where you can add a picture, or file....YEP, I just did it and it took me to the page where, at the very bottom you can choose a file to add (jpeg, pdf, etc.)

One more question....does the coach have front dash vents for panel air?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I was just at Home Depot and a couple were buying just the clear screw on housing for there cracked one while I was picking up a couple of filters. It looked as if it was the same size as mine and would think it fits all as there was only one size. What year is your coach and coach # ?

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Todd, i emailed you my cell phone number. feel free to call me anytime.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH