You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TPS circuit fail low?

I have a new to me coach with the Series 60 and Pro Driver. Looks like I am on the upward learning curve, again- but I like it

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

ernie, what did you get?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sorry everyone I didn't mean to leave you all up in the air. The speedometer and RPM (yes it was froze at 500) has not been a problem again, so I don't know what to think of it. The TPS circuit came up once last week as I was driving from Miami to Tulsa on the turnpike. I had just set the cruise control when I noticed it. I have also noticed the cruise won't kick off when I apply the brakes. Does this make any since?

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

Sounds like the feed from the brake pedal stop light switch to the cruise control may have been interrupted. (possibly by a trailer brake controller wiring job) The cruise should kick out as soon as the brake lights light up.

I do have a trailer brake lever on the side of the steering wheel, but I don't think it is hooked up. The handle is loose.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon