You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Storage

I'd agree with blowing the lines out and disconnecting the batteries. If you have access to a 15a circuit, you could plug your chargers in, but would have to worry about a power failure getting things out of whack (routine occurrance in OK). You might even consider draining the tanks to eliminate any extreme issues. I used to store mine routinely and did so.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Wow I have been prepping for the Alaska trip ever since last summer. So many things to buy and make to accommodate all we ned for the trip. Have secured a storage unit in Yuma Az. as we will be returning here next fall.
The storage is inside and will have 20 amp power so I plan on leaving the battery charger connected. One thing that came to mind last pm is should I block the coach as the air does leak out. I don't want to leave the compressor on as it will be 7 months before we return and just don't like the idea of something like that running and if there was a problem then what. Doe anyone know if the coach would eventually rest on the wheel wells ok or would there be damage? Found some diesel treatment that has good reviews (Biobor) so the tanks are treated.

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad, I have let all the air out of my bags a number of times and had no problem. We are talking about a 99. I presume on a 88 it would be OK. If it were me I would let all the air out of the bags on my 99 if I were going to leave it for that long.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I discussed long term storage with Newell staff and they advised that it is OK to let all of the air out of the bags.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Please be aware that blowing the water out of the lines will NEVER remove all of the water from the fresh water loop in the Aquq Hot.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area