You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Garmin RV 760LMT

Well it looks like Garmin is about to release the RV version of the 760..

http://sites.garmin.com/rv/?utm_source=g...Newsletter

I've had good luck with the Big rig/RV version but the database was a bit lacking in the RV mode..

If someone springs for the new RV version ...give us a report....

Jimmy

My only complaint with the 760 is that it shows the distance to the next turn, but does not show the distance to the destination.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,
You can set it to show distance to destination if that is what you want. Open a route and hit "go". On my starting screen it shows the time I will arrive at my destination. Touch the "time of arrival box on the lower left and it will bring up a "select data to display" box. You will have your choice of arrival time, distance to destination, time to destination, via point info, direction of travel, elevation, time of day, grade, sunrise/sunset or next mile marker. Pick your choice & you're good to go.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Chester,
Were you ever able to figure it out?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, I have been trying the last few days, but there is nothing on the lower left to touch. I will take a few photos tomorrow and post them. My set only allows a very few modifications to the dashboard. However, I did download the latest N. American map today. Sometime last fall I found a way to have an alarm sound when I came with a 1000 ft. of a rest stop. Now I want to increase that distance, but cannot figure out how I set it up originally. This CRS get to me every now and then. I appreciate your interest.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Chester,
Start by picking a destination. Hit the go button. That brings up a dashboard. Mine is set on the default one which is the first in the three choices. Photo #2 shows my gps in the "go" screen and on the left side it shows that I will arrive at my destination at 10:47 pm. Touch that "arrival" box and it brings up the select data to display box in photo #1. Touch selection #2, "distance" and hit save. Your go box will now show the distance to go rather than the time of arrival--photo #3. I assume you could make the same change in any of the three dashboards, I just haven't tried the others. Hope this helps................

Note: Don't know why photo order was different than what I entered.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, now I have it sorted out. The key was that you told me to "open a route". I was trying to set up the dashboard without having a route open. Now it works just as you said it would and I thank you. Attached is a photo of how my dashboard looks now.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

No one person knows all the features of todays technology. Just glad I could help you out with this one.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531