You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Rear Axle Covers - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suspension/Tires/Wheels (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Rear Axle Covers (/showthread.php?tid=215)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Rear Axle Covers - whatsnewell - 09-20-2012

(09-20-2012, 06:39 AM)Flick Wrote:  Clarke send me a pic of yours would ya?

Here you go....

RE: Rear Axle Covers - Flick - 09-20-2012

Thanks. A guy called me from International today and found some for me that look very similar to yours. I biought them becasue they were half the cost of the others.

RE: Rear Axle Covers - prairieschooner - 09-22-2012

I found the Lug Nut Covers and the Front Hub Caps at a Flying J Truck Stop, really cheap too. My rears were not dented so I used some CLR and then Mother's Aluminum Polish and their small Power Ball on a drill motor.
I used the same polish and power ball on the wheels. I usually just do one wheel at a time and take the lug not caps off to do by hand.
Good luck on getting those clean and sparkly.

RE: Rear Axle Covers - rheavn - 09-22-2012

Clarke,
Nice job on your wheel! Pride of ownership is very apparent.

RE: Rear Axle Covers - whatsnewell - 09-22-2012

Thanks Steve....I work on them pretty much like Steve (Prarieschooner) does.....one wheel at a time with Mother's then buff off the polish with a foam rubber power ball with my cordless drill. Worked on them most recently while we were in Spokane back in June....basically did one wheel a day over four days. Could have done them all in a few hours, but why rush?

(09-22-2012, 11:58 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  Could have done them all in a few hours, but why rush?

when you have all the time in the world!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Rear Axle Covers - folivier - 09-22-2012

alarm, work, rush, worry.... all words that I've tried to un-remember since retiring. Got a few others but can't remember them....

RE: Rear Axle Covers - Flick - 09-22-2012

Why rush? Yard needs mowing, soccer practice at 5:30, swimming practice at 6:00, wife at clinic till 7:00, homework with kids and dinner somewhere in between it all. That's why you rush Clarke.

RE: Rear Axle Covers - whatsnewell - 09-22-2012

(09-22-2012, 01:33 PM)Flick Wrote:  Why rush? Yard needs mowing, soccer practice at 5:30, swimming practice at 6:00, wife at clinic till 7:00, homework with kids and dinner somewhere in between it all. That's why you rush Clarke.

Haha.....I know the drill...Todd, we raised 5 kids through soccer, homework, school, dance, drill team, and more....finally hired a gardner, and the kids grew up.....now there is no need to rush anymore....there is always another day to get the rest done....Big Grin

5 kids!!! Maybe Television would have been a good idea....