You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of (/showthread.php?tid=2198)

Pages: 1 2

Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - 77newell - 03-24-2015

Alie and I left Largo, Fl with the coach headed for Memphis. She was not feeling well and got worse during the two days it took to get there. As soon as we were parked on Thursday I insisted on a visit to the Emergency Room. During the next 24 hours she was diagnosed with cancer of the small intestine and it has spread to the liver. She had emergency surgery. We enormously lucked out by getting one of the best surgeons in the country - he is fantastic. He has told her she will be OK, but it will be a long journey of treatment. It's Tuesday now and she is making great progress. We expect to be here another week and then probably head home to Detroit.

We waited longer than we should have to get really serious treatment and that delay came close to causing really serious trouble. The lesson we learned is that if the treatment you are getting isn't working and you are feeling worse, get serious help as it may save your life.

Y'all be well and we hope to see you down the road.

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - folivier - 03-24-2015

Wow Jon. Sorry to hear of this but so glad y'all were able to get it taken care of quickly. Tell Alie good luck and we'll keep her in our prayers for a quick recovery.
This should be a wakeup call for anybody who keeps putting off retirement and traveling. Do it now!

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - bikestuff - 03-24-2015

Sorry to hear the news but best wishes on a speedy recovery! If you need anything, please speak up. There are several gurus not far from you.

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - encantotom - 03-24-2015

best wishes for a speedy recovery.

tom

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - Fulltiming - 03-24-2015

Our prayers are for Alie's healing. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - roadappels - 03-24-2015

Sending prayers Alie's way!

B

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - HoosierDaddy - 03-24-2015

You all are in my prayers!

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - larryweikartsr - 03-25-2015

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. I'm not that far away from you if you need anything.

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - 77newell - 03-25-2015

I have never been in this situation. I never appreciated the positive impact your best wishes, the offers of assistance, and prayers make. This stuff makes a huge difference and we both appreciate it deeply.

RE: Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of - ccjohnson - 03-25-2015

You are both in our prayers. Keep a positive outlook.