You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of

Alie and I left Largo, Fl with the coach headed for Memphis. She was not feeling well and got worse during the two days it took to get there. As soon as we were parked on Thursday I insisted on a visit to the Emergency Room. During the next 24 hours she was diagnosed with cancer of the small intestine and it has spread to the liver. She had emergency surgery. We enormously lucked out by getting one of the best surgeons in the country - he is fantastic. He has told her she will be OK, but it will be a long journey of treatment. It's Tuesday now and she is making great progress. We expect to be here another week and then probably head home to Detroit.

We waited longer than we should have to get really serious treatment and that delay came close to causing really serious trouble. The lesson we learned is that if the treatment you are getting isn't working and you are feeling worse, get serious help as it may save your life.

Y'all be well and we hope to see you down the road.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Wow Jon. Sorry to hear of this but so glad y'all were able to get it taken care of quickly. Tell Alie good luck and we'll keep her in our prayers for a quick recovery.
This should be a wakeup call for anybody who keeps putting off retirement and traveling. Do it now!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Sorry to hear the news but best wishes on a speedy recovery! If you need anything, please speak up. There are several gurus not far from you.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

best wishes for a speedy recovery.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Our prayers are for Alie's healing. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Sending prayers Alie's way!

B

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

You all are in my prayers!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. I'm not that far away from you if you need anything.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

I have never been in this situation. I never appreciated the positive impact your best wishes, the offers of assistance, and prayers make. This stuff makes a huge difference and we both appreciate it deeply.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

You are both in our prayers. Keep a positive outlook.