You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Zf wheel size - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suspension/Tires/Wheels (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Zf wheel size (/showthread.php?tid=3618)

Pages: 1 2

Zf wheel size - Yachts - 07-19-2017

i blew a tire.. ( one of my new ones) and damaged the wheel beyond repair.. roadside assistance brought a new tire and wheel.. if you have zf suspension the bolt pattern on your wheels is not standard... I have had to chain up the tag axle. And limp 140 Miles to Newell to get a new wheel in the morn. Just an FYI..

RE: Zf wheel size - encantotom - 07-19-2017

ughhh. what is it with all these bad tires the bunch of us have had? no damage to the coach?

tom

RE: Zf wheel size - Yachts - 07-20-2017

Ripped the docking lights out but that's all I see so far. Drove it 140 miles to newell with the tag axle chained to the top airbag mount.. pretty amazing if ya ask me that it made it.

RE: Zf wheel size - afrench - 07-20-2017

So what about the 365s on the drive and tag? Are those different?

RE: Zf wheel size - Chester Stone - 07-20-2017

Marc, sorry for the problem. What was the tire size and make?

RE: Zf wheel size - ccjohnson - 07-20-2017

Marc,
Just curious here. Do you have a TPMS? If not had you checked tire pressure prior to leaving? Also, how hot was ambient temp and what was speed when blow out occurred? I have had 2 blow outs inside dual on driver side. 1 st Fran was driving and tire was very old was on trip home from purchasing coach in FL. She was only running about 50-55 so no damage. 2nd time I was driving around 70-75 lost wiring to docking light & mud flap & steel frame for it. Was in Feb so temp was not an issue. I had checked pressure & had to add about 40 psi to tire the night before leaving. The coach had been sitting in garage for quite awhile and I am not very good about keeping an eye on tire pressures. I did not recheck it before departure so I think there may have been an issue with tire losing pressure that caused the blow out. Old habits (just look & thump) are hard to break, so I have been thinking about a TPMS. Almost forgot, last time we had coach serviced, we had dry camped at truckstop in El Paso just down the road from S&S. The tech said inside dual was completely flat. Limped coach back to Petro & found a cracked valve stem to be the problem. Tire has been OK since.

RE: Zf wheel size - Yachts - 07-22-2017

I do have a Tpms.. tire blew suddenly.. I didn't check the pressure before I left that afternoon. It was about 100 degrees and I was doing 65 mph

RE: Zf wheel size - Richard - 07-22-2017

Marc,

The enguhnerrz have an expression "infant mortality" referring to an early failure usually attributed to a defect in the product. I would be having some discussion with the customer service department of the manufacturer.

RE: Zf wheel size - ccjohnson - 07-22-2017

TPMS should negate the need to do physical check of pressure with gauge.

RE: Zf wheel size - Yachts - 07-22-2017

Agree but I checked it by hand 2 days earlier . I had already traveled 150 miles that day and had just come out of a construction zone.. wondering if I hit something