You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Zf wheel size

i blew a tire.. ( one of my new ones) and damaged the wheel beyond repair.. roadside assistance brought a new tire and wheel.. if you have zf suspension the bolt pattern on your wheels is not standard... I have had to chain up the tag axle. And limp 140 Miles to Newell to get a new wheel in the morn. Just an FYI..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

ughhh. what is it with all these bad tires the bunch of us have had? no damage to the coach?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Ripped the docking lights out but that's all I see so far. Drove it 140 miles to newell with the tag axle chained to the top airbag mount.. pretty amazing if ya ask me that it made it.

Marc Newman

So what about the 365s on the drive and tag? Are those different?

Marc, sorry for the problem. What was the tire size and make?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Marc,
Just curious here. Do you have a TPMS? If not had you checked tire pressure prior to leaving? Also, how hot was ambient temp and what was speed when blow out occurred? I have had 2 blow outs inside dual on driver side. 1 st Fran was driving and tire was very old was on trip home from purchasing coach in FL. She was only running about 50-55 so no damage. 2nd time I was driving around 70-75 lost wiring to docking light & mud flap & steel frame for it. Was in Feb so temp was not an issue. I had checked pressure & had to add about 40 psi to tire the night before leaving. The coach had been sitting in garage for quite awhile and I am not very good about keeping an eye on tire pressures. I did not recheck it before departure so I think there may have been an issue with tire losing pressure that caused the blow out. Old habits (just look & thump) are hard to break, so I have been thinking about a TPMS. Almost forgot, last time we had coach serviced, we had dry camped at truckstop in El Paso just down the road from S&S. The tech said inside dual was completely flat. Limped coach back to Petro & found a cracked valve stem to be the problem. Tire has been OK since.

I do have a Tpms.. tire blew suddenly.. I didn't check the pressure before I left that afternoon. It was about 100 degrees and I was doing 65 mph

Marc Newman

Marc,

The enguhnerrz have an expression "infant mortality" referring to an early failure usually attributed to a defect in the product. I would be having some discussion with the customer service department of the manufacturer.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

TPMS should negate the need to do physical check of pressure with gauge.

Agree but I checked it by hand 2 days earlier . I had already traveled 150 miles that day and had just come out of a construction zone.. wondering if I hit something

Marc Newman