You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Hose adaptor - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plumbing and fixtures (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hose adaptor (/showthread.php?tid=4486)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Hose adaptor - ccjohnson - 09-15-2018

Could one simply use the macerator pump and a garden hose to pump effluent into a honey wagon?

RE: Hose adaptor - encantotom - 09-15-2018

yes, but not sure they would want to wait that long

tom

RE: Hose adaptor - pairodice - 09-15-2018

I’m still trying to figure out WHY I would need to have a bucket involved in the process... I’m worried the sucker truck will suck my tank walls out... I left the coach sitting at Bernd’s full and will return with my Macerator unit (I need to install it anyway) in two weeks when we return to pick up the coach.

RE: Hose adaptor - ccjohnson - 09-15-2018

Don't underestimate the power of vacuum! A few years back I saw what it can do. A customer had a 400 bbl steel frac tank set up as a water storage unit. A truck driver forgot to open the air vent valve when he pumped out 73 bbl of water. It collapsed the almost brand new steel frac tank. (Rain for Rent style of tank) By using the 5 gal bucket, you isolate your tanks from the vacuum. As long as there is ample space for air to flow into the top of the bucket.

RE: Hose adaptor - encantotom - 09-15-2018

since the race coach guys use it, i assume they do it for a reason and not for fun

tom

RE: Hose adaptor - mickinuk - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 09:18 AM)folivier Wrote:  Ok, I was visualizing an open white 5 gallon bucket with all sorts of effluent floating and flying around! Haha!

Me too, that's a relief (pun)!

RE: Hose adaptor - superbirds - 09-17-2018

Wow you guy's made my day, another cool idea and something to laugh about early in the morning. I'll be adding one of these.
Thanks

RE: Hose adaptor - pairodice - 09-17-2018

(09-15-2018, 09:10 AM)bestgenman Wrote:  Where can we get a bucket shown in the picture please? 

"The picture below shows a square five gal with a Valterra style slide valve bolted directly to one of the flat surfaces.   The valve has the "hook" side of the most common fitting.  There is a hose with a mating connector for the valve (not shown yet, waiting) of which the other end is slipped over the tailpiece of the Waste Master and hose clamped.  The waste truck operator puts his nozzle into the square five gal and draws a vacuum while the effluent is filled into the five gal from the coach.  The opening in the five gal is large enough to allow ample air to flow in. " 

RE: Hose adaptor - bestgenman - 09-17-2018

Here are the rest of the pictures for the pump out equipment.  For those that don't understand, when you need to empty your waste tank and the only way is to use a waste effluent provider (aka honey wagon) you'll likely need this equipment.

These photos came from Brent Burton, Rahal Letterman Lanigan coach driver.  He is at nearly all Indy Car events and uses this equipment on a regular basis.

Brent is driving a 2017 (I think) and has the Waste Master hose end fitting.  You can see, he removes the rubber cone and clamps the hose in pic 2 while attaching the end in pic 1 to the 5 gal.  The rest is self explanatory.

RE: Hose adaptor - Nebster - 10-02-2018

Why aren't the other drain lines serving as additional vents into the tank when the sucker is doing its thing? I would think there would be tons of redundant venting -- or at least there is in my coach, looking at the many independent lines plumbed into the top of my waste tank. What am I missing?

I mean, sure, the sucker truck guy has to have a little common sense and go easy on the vacuum so as to not overwhelm the system. But I suspect a collapse is a super rare event.

I'd hate to carry around a random intermediate sewage tank just to be able to get pumped out once in a while.