You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cruise Control Issue

Howdy everyone! Long time no post.

I've been running without cruise control for nearly a year (comes on but shows set speed of 0 no matter what I try).  Newell didn't have time to look into it when I was there in September, another shop diagnosed it as a fault leading to the CAT reading that the brakes were applied (much like trying to set the CC on your car while touching the brakes - it disengages). I took it to a well known RV shop in the Tampa area (twice!) only to learn it doesn't have a CAT computer so it couldn't help. I finally took it to Rush in Tampa and they had it fixed in 2 days (with Newell's help) - turns out it was a dead relay ( AZ977-1A-12D - American Zettler - Authorized Distributor (onlinecomponents.com)).  All happy now, just in time for our annual circumnavigation of CONUS and my right knee couldn't be happier.

BTW - shout out to Rush in Tampa.  I picked her up and found her in exactly the same condition as when I dropped her, none of the usual dirt, smudges and stains I usually see at a truck shop. Plus they topped off my AC and did my belts (I'm still working so it's cheaper to pay a pro for an hour vice distracting me from working for 3 hours).  Turns out Rush Tampa has a couple of CAT certified techs and one that specializes in RVs.  I won't hesitate to go back.

Safe travels!

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

(05-25-2024, 05:36 AM)Sea Note Wrote:  Howdy everyone! Long time no post.

I've been running without cruise control for nearly a year (comes on but shows set speed of 0 no matter what I try).  Newell didn't have time to look into it when I was there in September, another shop diagnosed it as a fault leading to the CAT reading that the brakes were applied (much like trying to set the CC on your car while touching the brakes - it disengages). I took it to a well known RV shop in the Tampa area (twice!) only to learn it doesn't have a CAT computer so it couldn't help. I finally took it to Rush in Tampa and they had it fixed in 2 days (with Newell's help) - turns out it was a dead relay ( AZ977-1A-12D - American Zettler - Authorized Distributor (onlinecomponents.com)).  All happy now, just in time for our annual circumnavigation of CONUS and my right knee couldn't be happier.

BTW - shout out to Rush in Tampa.  I picked her up and found her in exactly the same condition as when I dropped her, none of the usual dirt, smudges and stains I usually see at a truck shop. Plus they topped off my AC and did my belts (I'm still working so it's cheaper to pay a pro for an hour vice distracting me from working for 3 hours).  Turns out Rush Tampa has a couple of CAT certified techs and one that specializes in RVs.  I won't hesitate to go back.

Safe travels!

Thanks for the report. I am the Tampa area, good to know there is a shop that is doing good work. I get folks asking for recommendations for shops and unfortunately I did not have much in the way of recommendation. Hopefully these guys keep up this good work.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)