You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

new dash panels

on my 02 the wrap around dash panel that had the review monitor, dash ac, radio, hwh panel i am going to replace.  the monitor was a hodegpodge homemade one that newell cobbled together and it was big and heavy and failed.  so i put a new monitor and camera setup on with the monitor hanging like a review mirror from the overhead.  the weight of all these things had broke the dash panel up anyway.  

it is woodgrain plastic abs.  i will figure out how to make a new one and reposition the things so i can actually use them.  the dash ac control was clear at the floor.  

i got the cad file from newell but it was for a few coaches after mine.  i have been playing with it and think i am close to having it right.  

i cannot find exact matches on the woodgrain abs.  pretty close but not exact.  so i may do it that way or maybe use a carbon fibre abs look for that piece.  not decided yet.

trying to find a reasonable place locally to do the cutting from the file.  

it was a nightmare getting the dash taken apart with all the hidden bolts and such.  

anyone done this before?

there is nothing backlit on this particular piece.  

my panel on my left drivers arm next to the window has faded such that you cant see the labels on the switches.  where the allison control panel is.  i have tried different polishes to no avail.  i can have a new one made but it would not be backlit so it would just look nicer with no labels.  has anyone come up with a solution for that?

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

Take a look at Decorative Plastics (seller on Amazon). They will send you samples of what they have available. There’s one that’s very close, but several other options that would also look good as you replace other panels.

Here’s a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Sheets-Instrument...152&sr=8-1

Others just use woodworking tools to shape/cut it. I’ve been told using a router requires quick router movement to prevent the material from burning.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Thanks. I have samples from them already

They are probably my best source so far

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH