You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to Newell

Hello all!

My wife and I are very impressed with the build quality and design of the Newell motor coaches and currently in search of a 2000-2008 Newell. We have been full timers for over 7 years over the last 15 years and owned 5th wheels and 45' diesel pushers. The last coach we purchased was a brand new 2019 Tiffin 45OPP and loved the layout. We drove from Missouri to California to pick it up and drove directly to the factory service center because we knew there would be issues due to past experience with new RV's. While there, I started the Facebook group "Tiffin Red Bay Roll Call" to help create communication and community with other Tiffin owners at the service center. There are almost 10,000 members in the group now. Although Tiffin was better than others we had owned previously, I still was not very impressed with the lack of attention to detail in the manufacturing of our Tiffin.

I have run shops, turned wrenches, restored 50's & 60's classic cars, do almost all my own mechanical work, flipped homes & built houses so I am very comfortable with working on all of our RV's, but have been unimpressed with most we have owned. The thought that I have observed with the attention to detail on the Newell coaches has impressed me in both the mechanical ingenuity and visual design aspect. I know there is no such thing as perfection in the RV industry, but the Newell coaches fit the bill for me better than others. The Prevost builds by other manufacturers are nice as well, but Newell tops our list. My wife and I are a bit OCD and just like better quality in anything we purchase, build or do.

Our goal is to purchase a good condition Newell to travel full time until we find a nice property to build our own RV/Tiny Home community. We have enjoyed the RV lifestyle....most of the time.... and have wanted to do this for many years.

If you are selling or know of someone selling a well cared for Newell please let us know. We have a couple we are going to look at, but keeping our options open.

Thank you

Jim & Cara Buchanan

7 Years of full time RV'ing in 5th wheels & coaches
In search of any 2010 & prior Newell coach.

Great intro !!!!!! Thank you for the background. You will fit right in on this forum whether you end up in a Newell or not.

Location?

And as with any newcomer looking to get into the Newell bidness, I suggest you read the section on Things to consider when buying a used Newell. It will help you evaluate coaches as you find them.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

WELCOME!

And here’s your welcoming gift… ;-)

Just posted on facebook… 2006 #761 @ $369k

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2538004771...810261488/?

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

(06-24-2024, 02:43 PM)Richard Wrote:  Great intro !!!!!! Thank you for the background. You will fit right in on this forum whether you end up in a Newell or not.

Location?

And as with any newcomer looking to get into the Newell bidness, I suggest you read the section on Things to consider when buying a used Newell. It will help you evaluate coaches as you find them.

Thank you...from East Texas!

7 Years of full time RV'ing in 5th wheels & coaches
In search of any 2010 & prior Newell coach.

We have #646 for sale at Cassones RV in Mesa, Az.  We have owned this coach for 7 yrs and although it need a couple minor things done to it, this 03 is in excellent condition and only has 137k on it.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)