You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

shocks

so almost done with the drive axle air bags and have decided to go ahead and replace the shocks on the drive and tag, I think that is all thats left to do.  Currently the drive axle has koni on them and the tag I have no idea, still researching the part number. so question is  is koni still the best shock out there for the money or has someone tried something different ?

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Adam,

I have run the Koni on drive, Gabriel on tag. I have also run the Uber expensive, pain to install King shocks. I honestly can’t tell the difference.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-23-2024, 11:00 AM)Richard Wrote:  Adam,

I have run the Koni on drive, Gabriel on tag. I have also run the Uber expensive, pain to install King shocks. I honestly can’t tell the difference.

TY Richard I believe that is what is on my tag as well is Gabriels

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

FleetPride shocks on mine. I think on a vehicle that weighs several tons will make it hard to discern the differences in shock absorber ride quality. No complaints on the ride of my coach even though it's older than yours.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

If Richard says that he can't tell the difference between them that's all you need to know.  He is a suspension aficionado and done a lot of work improving the ride of their coach.  He can practically run over a quarter in the middle of the road and tell you if it was heads or tails :-)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Dimes are more of a challenge………..

Aw shucks, what a nice way of saying OCD.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-23-2024, 02:30 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  If Richard says that he can't tell the difference between them that's all you need to know.  He is a suspension aficionado and done a lot of work improving the ride of their coach.  He can practically run over a quarter in the middle of the road and tell you if it was heads or tails :-)

This had me laughing tonight! Well said!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312