You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Generator cooling squirl cage blower surges up and down .

Generator cooling blower cycles up and down 

I believe that this cycling of load may be causing my victron inverters to disengage and not preform properly. Shuts down charging and other inverter functions. 
Any one have a guess as to why the fan is cycling so fast 10 second intervals after running for 10 min.

"HELP"

Hey there. Gonna need a lot more info, but let’s start with your year and coach number please.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Is the whole coach going through your victron inverters? Need more info like Steve said.

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

As has been said, more information needed.  My first thought is, what is the voltage on your meters?  I suspect it is not a fan issue rather a voltage fluctuation condition.  Everything on generation would be seeing the same fluctuations.  Makes the voltage regulator suspicious but more data please.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

From previous posts I believe he has coach 787. From the picture it looks like an ‘06 or ‘07.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Good eye Bill, #787 is the first 2007. It has the C15 625hp engine with a ZF transmission.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Yes it is coach 787
I am not sure if the whole coach runs through the inverters.
We had this problem get work done at Newell.
I just left Newell after 8 weeks
Matt said that they ran the generator with another coach pluged-in to the buddy plug and all 8 air-conditioners running fully loaded with no problem.
The generator ran flawlessly
For the first day after leaving Miami. Then it started this cycling again. However it isn't consistent sometimes it preforms fine for a couple of hours. " Nothing like intermittent failure to diagnose"

Blower capacitor?

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

As others have said, the fundamental data is Does the voltage cycle up and down with the blower cycling?

The power for the blower is taken directly off the generator. So if the voltage is cycling, then the regulator in the generator is probably the culprit.

If the voltage does not cycle with the blower, then things like run capacitor for the blower motor, connections, and motor become items of interest.

Buzz, the more context you provide will help us armchair mechanics help you.
Did you take it to Newell for the blower cycling problem? Did Newell work on other issue while the coach was there?
Why did it take eight weeks?
Were any parts replaced? Your invoice might tell you.
Do you have any other electrical issues?
When you listen to the generator motor, is it running steady or is the generator motor speeding up and slowing down?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )