You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The full time dream!

Was getting ready this weekend to head to Arizona on Monday to visit Tom and Darlene when life intervened. Saturday night I had to have an emergency hernia operation. I've never had a hernia before, and this one was so unexpected. It became an emergency situation when they could not reduce it....by reduce I mean they could not push my bowel back into place meaning that they had to operate or the bowel would start dying from lack of blood flow. Fortunately I only lost a quarter size piece of bowel, and everything is healing nicely. I'm now home and on the mend, but will not be leaving Rancho Jurupa Regional Park for a couple of weeks. Thank you to all those who sent encouraging words and thoughts my way!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Wow!! Sorry to hear that. It is amazing how things can go terribly wrong so quickly. We often forget to be thankful that MOST of the time we do have our health.

Get well soon!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Clarke good to hear you are better and healing. Just for your troubles I am going to spit shine that bumper I have stored for you in my basement.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Clark

Our prayers for a speedy recovery

By the way, don't forget to save that bedpan

Should work great when changing the oil on your bug!!

Clark,

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Our thoughts & prayers are with you for a speedy & full recovery.

Sorry to hear about the hernia Clarke but it looks like you were fortunate. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Clarke, I feel your pain.....been there!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Clark, am so glad you all caught this and that you are on the mend... please stay hydrated and your insides will come back to life in no time...

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Bill

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

Fortunately for me I have a very "low" threshold of pain.......the intense pain sent me to the hospital....I am not one to run to the doctor. When something is terribly wrong I know what to do, and don't waste any time.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com