You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air line mystery #2

I am a visually oriented person and I haven't had enough coffee to follow your words. Can you sketch a diagram of what you have Of course it will have holes in it because that is what you are trying to figure out.

Here are a couple of concepts that may help you figure it out:
There has to be a check valve between the 12VDC supply air and the line tying it to the overall supply. Otherwise the 12VDC would try to supply air to the entire coach.
It is my understanding based on my own coach and posts by others that the 12VDC pump supplies air to the potties, slide doors, and slide seals only. (Plus the Bode air door if you have one)
My slide seals have a separate regulator for each one since they run at a very low pressure.
I believe the tank in the rear passenger wheel well is fed by the 12VDC compressor. ( And possibly supply air, see below)

I don't know this for a fact, but you could tie the 12VDC compressor and the house supply at the ping tank, if you put a check valve on the supply line at the tank. Then the unregulated line from the 12VDC pump to the ping tank is a two way line. When the compressor is running it puts air in the tank, when air is needed air flows out of the tank and on through the regulator at the 12VDC compressor. That way, the air pressure to the potties and air doors is always regulated by the regulator at the 12VDC compressor, and it doesn't mattter where it comes from the 12VDC compressor, 120 VAC compressor, or engine compressor.

This is a key point in that the air for the doors and potties has to originate downstream of the regulator at the 12VDC pump. The air for the bladders may or may not originate downstream of that regulator since the bladders have their own regulator.

My pump uses the well switch to turn it on and off.

Last point, the air line for the rear air seal runs just inside the wheel well on the driver side. It's tucked up right by the fender flare. I know this because when the coach sat on the tires at 70 mph, the tire rubbed a hole in that air line.

Thank you for doing this. This is a very important diagram to document the air system logic at the 12VDC pump. There is a lot going on right there.

As usual, I am probably wrong, but one of the gurus will set me straight. :-

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-29-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by Richard - 12-30-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-30-2015, 08:40 AM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by qcj - 12-30-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by rheavn - 12-30-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: Air line mystery #2 - by RussWhite - 12-30-2015, 05:19 PM