You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Jacking cribbing lifting crawling under the coach

So, this is just my OPINION, please take it that way. I think the idea of using the ramps to raise the coach is a marvelous way of doing it, and I will eventually build myself a set.

HOWEVER, I strongly feel that the ramps are NOT a substitute for properly cribbing the coach when you get under. Why? I have witnessed what happens when an airbag fails. Even with the coach on ramps, it could drop 10 to 12 inches with a failed air bag. If you happened to be under a low part of the coach such as the tranny, it could pancake you. Is it likely? No of course not, but the consequences of an air bag deflate could be dire.

Just sayin.......one person's opinion.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Jacking cribbing lifting crawling under the coach - by pairodice - 04-23-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: Jacking cribbing lifting crawling under the coach - by Rjbjfire - 04-28-2016, 12:03 PM
RE: Jacking cribbing lifting crawling under the coach - by Richard - 05-01-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Jacking cribbing lifting crawling under the coach - by prairieschooner - 05-02-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Jacking cribbing lifting crawling under the coach - by Chester Stone - 05-03-2016, 08:12 AM