You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rental as a business

(05-29-2017, 09:09 AM)rwg200 Wrote:  I do hire out my Newell in Europe for motor race events. Have high end clients who just need a base during their race weekends.
The service i provide is bespoke to each driver but the basics are, I will deliver and set up the coach normally on the Wednesday prior to the event, i do a handover and then i collect on the Sunday evening.
I do not have anyone else drive,set up or set down the coach, its basically a high end mobile hotel thats set up ready to go.
I do not suffer any damage or abuse mainly because its one or maybe two people staying in the coach and they are there to work so the motorhome is just a base and a bed.
I would never consider self drive hire or hire to people for a holiday as i think thats asking for trouble and high wear rates.
As we know it takes time to understand a Newell and its fairly complex systems, easy once you know how it works but just imagine coming to it as a newbie with a hour or so to understand how it works. You would have to follow the coach picking up the broken pieces before they arrive and then be on standby to deal with the panic as they have not turned on the 120v compressor and the door won't open!! and thats just the start!!!!

There is a definite viable business for high end coach hire in the UK and Europe for the types of hire i spoke about above, Im not sure if its the same in the States but good luck and keep us informed!!
best of luck. Smile

Thank you both. Here in Palm Springs, CA, there is a market for high end rentals. I've contacted a couple of exclusive rental companies that rent to the movie studios, music industry and the like or just folks that want a base to work from or enjoy a face weekend. They are starving for units to rent out. The average daily rent is $2000 per day with a $15,000 security deposit. For most, we would supply a driver that is familiar with the operation of the coach.

Messages In This Thread
Rental as a business - by Jmueller - 05-29-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: Rental as a business - by Chester Stone - 05-29-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Rental as a business - by rwg200 - 05-29-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: Rental as a business - by Jmueller - 05-29-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: Rental as a business - by Land Yacht - 05-29-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: Rental as a business - by Land Yacht - 05-29-2017, 05:43 PM
RE: Rental as a business - by Jmueller - 05-29-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Rental as a business - by Jmueller - 05-29-2017, 08:16 PM