You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

First slide question

You're right on the money Forest Smile The only thing I would add is to let your engine idle for a few minutes after you press the OFF button on the HWH leveling system. When you press OFF you should get a green TRAVEL light and then you are at road level. I always wait a few minutes and let the coach idle with the green light lit.

Remember after the slide is in to double check the awning latch that is in the middle of the awning. Make sure it is tight and will not vibrate loose while you are driving down the road. The awning can fly open at highway speeds if that middle latch is not secured.

While you are visiting Steve & Suzy you may want to take a ride to Newell and invest in 2 vacuum pumps for your slides. One for the front slide and one for the rear.

The vacuum pump sucks all of the air out of the bladders. With all of the air sucked out it is almost impossible to "roll a bladder". If the bladder does not completely deflate and you extend the slideroom you may damage the baldder by rolling the slideroom on top of the bladder - popping it!

I always check my air bladders before I move the slide room. I take a plastic credit card and feel around the bladder to make sure the air is all deflated. It's an extra step but well worth it. Changing a front slide bladder costs about $4,000 and a rear about $2,000. So it is well worth the time to check them first.Wink

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Messages In This Thread
First slide question - by folivier - 03-16-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: First slide question - by tuga - 03-16-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: First slide question - by Chester Stone - 03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: First slide question - by encantotom - 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: First slide question - by tuga - 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM