You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No house charge on shore, yes on generator

[UPDATE: SHOOT, by the time I made this long post, you came back with some info. Ooops. Please call Newell asap; I'm not certain what's going on and you need to be walked through their trouble-shooting sequences.]

Hi JD,

A few things:

First, you really should reach out to Newell service on this for numerous reasons; primarily, you're under warranty and anything like this should be fed back to them, even if it is your fault.

My first question is DO YOU HAVE a Progressive EMS box at the post? If not, you should...it's a vital piece of protection BEFORE anything hits your coach. Yes, the Newell has on-board protection, but trust me, it's ALWAYS better to have protection EXTERNAL to the coach, whether electrical, water, etc. Makes a simple AND CHEAP fix should anything to awry

Also, the Progressive will tell you diagnostics AT THE POST (source) prior to anything coming into the coach that can only be read on the Intrepid panels, or Outback panels.

So, WHAT IS YOUR 50A shoreline service voltage reading? If you're drawing down on shoreline, you've either NO voltage coming in, or you're outrunning it. A surprising amount of new Newell owners don't have an understanding of load-balancing the system will do. Some think you can run every appliance when hooked up...nope. IN fact, the system will protect itself, and will even disable certain 220v loads like the dryer, A/Cs, if the dryer vent isn't open.

EDITED: This sounds like one of your Inverter breakers may have been tripped, or an Inverter isn't charging.  Also, the load transfer breaker is down in the e-bay and is a big black box with a small breaker on it; check that just cuz. Check your Outbacks Mate3 panels while you're down there.

This is a sequence type of question that a phone call to Newell will solve. I have helped and walked through other new owners with similar problems, but it's in person or on the phone. I'm certainly willing to help if you message me.

Oh, and if you are on Facebook, Newell administers their own NEWELL VIP group there. Grant, Todd, and various other experts watch that group's posts carefully and it can be a good resource.

Forgive me if you know all of this already, but...
This is my video in which I explain the Progressive: https://youtu.be/BHCedA7ce0Q

and I also made a more current "Electrical Sources 101" video: https://youtu.be/nWmRhoW_zCk

Hope this helps.
Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Messages In This Thread