You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No house charge on shore, yes on generator

Update - working theory. Thank you for all your helpful replies and thoughts.

The house battery was down to about 12.3 so I remote started the generator (love that) and let it run for about 5 hours, batteries charged like a champ. When I shut it off it appeared that the house batteries were lightly charging off the pole about +5 amp. Hmm thats strange. I arrived back at the coach and began to investigate, the charger was still functioning off the pole.

Opening the Electronics bay I half expected to see one of the inverters off but all lights were on. I went through the events screen and noted a low voltage event. The coach is currently parked at West World in Scottsdale while we prep for our big 70 day trip. I have noted that as demand comes up during the day and the heat rises the voltage on Line 1 drops. I think the inverter went into load shed and protection mode. Its hot and the A/C have been running pretty hard.

So for now that is my theory, when the voltage drops tomorrow it is my plan to start the generator and let it run during peak hours. I don't see a way to fire the Gen with AGS triggered by low incoming voltage so I will monitor while away from the coach.

Once again thank you. I was pretty active on IRV2 in the Newmar forum and I and grateful to have found you all. I will try not to ask too may stupid questions and once I am up on the learning curve will try to help others.

Now, next is to figure out why the rear A/C does not come on and how to reset it. Hopefully the low voltage did not zap it!

Respectfully
JD

PS: Just as I finished this post the charging has stopped, voltage is 121/121 and I have a -14 amp draw on the battery. That theory would seem to be wrong House batteries are back to 12.4 when just and hour ago they were over 13 while taking about 5 amps. I am monitoring remotely as we live about 2 miles away. I wonder if I have a bad battery... Shoooot. More work, monitoring and understanding to do. Or maybe I and just watching the new coach too closely and need to let it do its thing. Former coach was a 21 London Aire #5 of owned coaches, not a total novice but the Newell is a whole different level. Thanks again for all your help.

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

Messages In This Thread