You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush

One tank for all waste water.

You can dump from either side.

The quarter turn valve at the top in the AH bay is for flushing the waste tank.

The last one is a little harder to noodle. If you look between the two gate valves in the water bay, you will see that the gray water enters between those two valves. Let me repeat, the grey water does NOT flow directly into the waste tank, it flows into a collection system and back feeds into the bottom of the tank at the first gate valve. Normally you leave the gate valve closest to the tank open, and use the one at the stinky slinky end to dump the waste tank.

However, Newell plumbed it to give you the option of retaining the black water and continuously dumping the grey. Close the valve at the tank. Open the valve at the sewer hose end, and the grey water will continuously dump.

I want to caution you to find the dump switch that activates the dump valve on the passenger side. On some coaches there was a dump switch at the driver console that activated that valve. Let’s not speculate on what that might have been used for. But, I will say there is one real story about someone who mistook that switch for another while driving and fertilized a section of the interstate.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush - by rvguy - 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
RE: Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush - by Richard - 09-22-2023, 01:33 PM
[email protected] - by 360 - 09-22-2023, 06:22 PM
RE: Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush - by Burlyman - 09-23-2023, 09:09 AM
RE: Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush - by hypoxia - 09-23-2023, 11:59 AM
RE: Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush - by Richard - 09-23-2023, 05:18 AM
RE: Question about water fill, dump valves and tank flush - by rvguy - 09-23-2023, 06:07 AM